Financial Wisdom Wave
  • Business
  • Stock
  • Politics
  • Tech News
Politics

Judge warns Trump administration against ‘irreversible’ White House ballroom construction work

by admin December 17, 2025
December 17, 2025

A federal judge on Tuesday said he was ‘inclined to deny’ a bid to force the Trump administration to halt construction of the White House ballroom but warned officials not to undertake any irreversible work before a January hearing that could still stop the project.

U.S. District Judge Richard Leon said he will hold another hearing during the second week in January and hinted he may still order a pause.

‘Any below ground construction’ in the coming weeks that dictates above-ground work should be avoided, Leon said, adding, ‘be prepared to take that down.’

Lawyers for the National Trust for Historic Preservation in the U.S. argued the case is not about the need for a ballroom but about the need to follow the law.

They said any construction on federal land requires congressional approval.

Lawyers representing the National Park Service countered that President Trump has authority to direct construction at the White House, saying ‘work must continue for national security issues.’

‘See you in January,’ Leon said as he warned the government not to pursue anything irreversible.

Attorney General Pam Bondi weighed in Tuesday evening.

‘Today @TheJusticeDept attorneys defeated an attempt to stop President Trump’s totally lawful East Wing Modernization and State Ballroom Project,’ she wrote on X. ‘President Trump has faced countless bad-faith left-wing legal attacks – this was no different. We will continue defending the President’s project in court in the coming weeks.’

On Monday, the Trump administration argued in a court filing that pausing construction would undermine national security, citing a Secret Service declaration warning that halting work would leave the site unable to meet ‘safety and security requirements’ necessary to protect President Donald Trump.

The declaration said the East Wing, demolished in October and now undergoing below-grade work, could not be left unfinished without compromising essential security measures.

The National Trust for Historic Preservation sued last week to stop the project, arguing the government had to follow federal review procedures before any irreversible work began.

The group said the proposed 90,000-square-foot addition, now estimated at more than $300 million, would overwhelm the Executive Residence and permanently alter the White House’s historic design.

The administration countered that the lawsuit was premature, noting regulatory reviews were still coming and above-grade construction was not scheduled to begin until April 2026.

The National Trust said early intervention was necessary, citing warnings from architectural historians who said the ballroom would mark the most significant exterior change to the White House in more than 80 years.

Fox News Digital’s Ashley Carnahan contributed to this report.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

previous post
Senate Republican ‘targeted by Communist China’ in $50 billion lawsuit
next post
Graham issues ‘fatal’ warning if Maduro stays in power as US buildup raises stakes

You may also like

Man who burned Quran in London may get...

February 16, 2026

Hillary Clinton clashes with Czech leader over Trump...

February 16, 2026

Schumer says Dems will fight voter ID push...

February 16, 2026

DAVID MARCUS: Trump hits the links with a...

February 16, 2026

Iran says US must ‘prove they want to...

February 16, 2026

Collins boosts Republican voter ID effort, but won’t...

February 15, 2026

Rubio meets with Zelenskyy ahead of crucial Geneva...

February 15, 2026

Fetterman slams Democrats’ ‘Jim Crow 2.0’ voter ID...

February 15, 2026

AG Pam Bondi announces ‘all’ Epstein files have...

February 15, 2026

Rubio meets with Zelenskyy ahead of crucial Geneva...

February 15, 2026
Join The Exclusive Subscription Today And Get Premium Articles For Free

    Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

    Recent Posts

    • DAVID MARCUS: Trump hits the links with a chance to bring in an ace

      February 16, 2026
    • Schumer says Dems will fight voter ID push ‘tooth and nail,’ balks at DHS role in elections

      February 16, 2026
    • Hillary Clinton clashes with Czech leader over Trump policies at Munich security conference

      February 16, 2026
    • Man who burned Quran in London may get US asylum as case draws Trump administration attention

      February 16, 2026
    • Iran says US must ‘prove they want to do a deal’ on nuclear talks in Geneva

      February 16, 2026
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Copyright © 2025 financialwisdomwave.com | All Rights Reserved

    Financial Wisdom Wave
    • Business
    • Stock
    • Politics
    • Tech News